The business case for brand management software
If you invest in your brand, you increase the value of your company. A bold statement but one which is inherently true.
Here at Brandworkz, we believe that branding and good brand management is one of the key drivers of sustainable differentiation, sales and ultimately brand value. Brand management and digital asset management software can help brands integrate and implement their brand and communications, and ultimately grow their company value.
A large percentage of global businesses today still store their digital assets on an FTP server, or worse, on individual hard drives, hugely reducing efficiency and meaning the opportunity for error is hugely increased. In fact, according to research, the average marketer without digital asset management technology will spend 35% of their time searching for assets.
You may recognise the following, very common, scenarios in your company or marketing department.
- Different teams creating different messaging which are sometimes conflicting and inconsistent
- Duplication of efforts and “waste” of resources leading to higher cost of marketing production, localisation and brand execution
- No central brand governance and high cost of brand education
- Low employee engagement – misunderstanding of the brand promise, value and architecture
- Inability to align brand marketing and brand implementation/execution with company objectives
- No alignment of people (different stakeholders and country marketing for instance), process (Brand & Marketing approval, central compliance team) and technology (marketing tools, websites, etc.)
- Low speed of brand communication and localisation/personalisation of marketing activities
- Impaired sales mobility when communicating the brand, reduced sharing and best practise enforcement
All of which doesn’t maximise revenue potential or available resources!
Implementation of a central brand platform will yield the following benefits:
- A common platform to centralise brand communication, governance, education and operation
- Promote a consistent and strong brand across multiple countries and operating units to maximise employee engagement and best practice
- Ensure a consistent brand experience for your customers or consumers irrespective of the market and operating countries
- Automation of all marketing production activities including localisation and personalisation
- Creation of a multilingual brand and knowledge sharing platform to ensure a fast and consistent communication
- Consolidate available human resources (even if geographically dispersed) to ensure a low cost marketing operation
- Provide an audit trail and analytics on brand and marketing activities
- Alignment of strategic initiatives and brand communication
- Increase sales mobility and instil a sense of community, togetherness and best practice
- Centralise the management of all digital assets, marketing, sales and HR communications
- (If JVs or Franchisees) Increase the service and value provided to business partners to ensure greater partner enablement whilst containing sales and marketing expenditure
- Increase collaboration, sharing and best practice
The implementation of a secured, easy to use and flexible brand management platform will deliver a 5 to 15 times return on investment. We would recommend a short brand technology assessment to ensure that you can appreciate costs and value drawn by this investment.
A Brand Management system is a key factor in building successful and high-value brands. By achieving brand consistency and creating and maintaining a brand-driven company, you see significant savings in time and budgets and generate additional company value.
Please download our White Paper “The business case for brand management software” to learn more. If you are planning to put a case together in your company to ask for budget for brand management technology, this white paper is a must-read. You’ll find out what to look for in a brand management system, get brief stories from brands who have succeeded and learn how to measure ROI.