When Brand Asset Management Matters - ArcelorMittal
For any organisation, effective Brand Asset Management and consistently used brand guidelines are important. For ArcelorMittal, the world's largest steel company, operating in more than 60 countries, brand integrity becomes mission critical.
ArcelorMittal's rapid expansion through the acquisition of other steel-makers has resulted in exceptional financial figures, but it has also increased the importance of projecting a consistent brand image to the world. The challenge was to establish an effective Brand Asset Management system, digital asset management functionality and unified, enterprise-wide brand guidelines.
Brandworkz worked with ArcelorMittal and their branding partner FutureBrand to create a worldwide brand and digital asset management web-portal, as well as producing the public website CMS based on Microsoft Sharepoint.
Brand assets and brand guidelines accessible to all
Brandworkz produced Arcelor Mittal's first brand website back in 2006, and this was pivotal in raising brand awareness across the global network of brand champions. More recently, we launched a new and improved version of the brand website, now globally accessible to all ArcelorMittal employees directly from their intranet.
The brand asset management site enables authorised brand implementation partners and staff to access up-to-date brand guidelines and to share brand assets such as logos, images, videos and corporate templates. A centralised and scalable resource, the new system acts as an ideal tool for the ongoing management of the brand.
'The Brand site, now accessible by everyone through our intranet, plays an important part in achieving this objective, enabling us to maintain a strong, consistent brand during and beyond these extraordinary times.' says Anthony Old, Global Identity Manager.
New Brand Asset Management tools, new scope
The site aims to build a much stronger brand champion community, whilst also making it easier to find and download the ArcelorMittal brand elements, offering many time and cost saving features:
• Personalised feature on the homepage, showing what’s new and enabling brand managers to ensure that important, new artwork is always seen
• Prominent brand videos which can be downloaded or viewed, subtitled in 7 languages
• Enhanced Digital Asset Management and Showcase sections
• Who’s Who section, allowing brand champions to check out their colleagues’ profiles and photos, as well as managing their own personal and professional details
• Password controlled access for external suppliers such as agencies and printers, as well as integrated access via the intranet for internal staff.
The list goes on... Brand Asset Management right at the very heart of ArcelorMittal’s success.
Brandworkz modules used:
- Digital Asset Management
- Guidelines & Positioning
- Reporting & Analysis