Full-Screen Asset Previews in Search
Users can now access the asset preview screen without losing the context of their current search. Clicking on an asset in the search will no longer take the user to the asset detail page within the folder. Closing the window will reveal the search results again. There is also an option to go to the folder which contains the asset if the user still wishes to.
Search Result Asset Actions
We have introduced additional actions for admins in the search results page too including; downloading, editing and moving assets. We have also introduced a streamlined UI for the Share and Albums functionality which will be rolled out everywhere in the next versions.
The ultimate goal of these Search improvements is to leverage the best of both Search and DAM into a single homogenous experience for admins and end users alike. More of the asset actions that are available when browsing through DAM folders will be introduced into the Search results page over the next few releases.
Improved Search Results Page
The search results page also includes many incremental improvements, including:
- An asset action bar to perform more actions on selected assets (see Search Result Asset Actions) which also snaps to the top of the screen, allowing for actions to be performed without having to scroll up and down the page.
- Introduction of drag-select and keyboard multi-select to replace checkboxes.
- An updated responsive layout, so what you see on your screen will vary depending on your screen’s size.
- A wider default layout to allow for more search results per row.
- If you have the Web-to-Publish module, the unique artworks that end users generate are also included in the search results.
- Updated iconography to make navigation and use easier and more uniform across the system.
- Previous and next pagination quick links added to the top of the results.
- Improved search tabs look and feel.
- Additional filetype info displayed on the thumbnails.
- Indexing of asset shortcuts/aliases.
- Boosting importance of asset title and metadata compared to document full text, for better ranking of document results – i.e. matches in title and entered metadata will now show at the top.
- Serving of search thumbnails over CDN for better responsiveness.
- Asset bulk-edit view improvements.
- Native Photoshop transcoding from PSD/PSB to PSB.
- Ability to include more analytics and external JS widgets on a system-wide level including in the CMS.
- Improved colour rendering of PDF previews (will be rolled out in the weeks following the release as all previews have to be re-created).
- Various bug fixes.