Get to know the Brandworkz team a little better with our new interview series. This month we chat with Simone van Oosten our Senior Digital Project Manager.
- How long have you worked at Brandworkz?
Over 3 years now!
- What does a typical day look like for you?
I spent most of my day building sites for my clients, creating their on-brand content pages, implementing their user groups, metadata. I usually also have one or two client meetings to make sure we stay on top of things. Other than that, it is checking in on the status of outstanding improvement & bugs, providing support and trying to improve our processes.
- What’s the best thing about your job?
The best thing about my job is talking to clients and finding out what works best for them.
- Is there anything you don’t like?
Too much admin!
- What is your favourite thing about working at Brandworkz?
I love that we are a small company where everyone knows each other, and you can get involved in different things.
- Best memory so far?
One of our parties where we did karaoke.
- How has Brandworkz changed since the time you’ve been here?
Slightly grown, and up till the lockdown, we were having more social outings which are nice.
- If a new person was starting at Brandworkz, what would your one piece of advice to them be?
Try to personally introduce yourself to everyone when you start.
- What is your favourite brand right now, and why?
One of my favourite brands is LUSH – they are very good at what they do and their shops, online, and comms all speak the same ‘language’. I also like that they openly advocate stopping animal cruelty.
- Tell us something about yourself that the rest of them might not know?
I am on the board of a charity that advocates for free speech in Vietnam.