Reducing the risk of brand inconsistency
Aon is a global professional services company who specialise in providing risk, retirement and health solutions. Headquartered in London and listed on the NYSE, Aon is ranked as the largest insurance broker in the world based on revenue and has over $3.3 trillion in assets under advisement. Currently, Aon employs over 50,000 staff in 500 offices spread across 120 countries around the world.
Aon Brand Matters Stats
Page views per year
Downloads per year
Searches per year
During the summer of 2014, the Aon design and creative teams set out to update the company’s brand standards as part of a wider brand refresh. The challenge for Aon was how to align 72,000 colleagues across the business and around the world with the new brand guidelines, logo, production guides and artwork templates. The key for Aon was to make clear why the brand refresh had taken place, how the brand had evolved and the next steps on the journey to being ‘one united brand’.
Aon Brand Matters was born as the new home for all of the refreshed Aon brand compliant content. Every different department within the business has access to Brand Matters via SSO and can now learn about the Aon story or educate themselves about the new brand standards. The Showcase module is where teams share their best work with colleagues globally so that it can be re-used in different markets.
The Brand Matters site is now the one-stop shop for everything brand Aon. The Brandworkz site is a central place where everyone within the business, no matter the department, can learn about the brand and utilise the brand assets.
- Strengthened brand compliance and consistency across the business
- More focus on strategic tasks rather than constantly managing requests for content
- Dramatic reduction in the number of requests by users asking for materials
- Cost savings in terms of time both for the design and marketing team and remote colleagues
- Solved the problem of sharing content between internal teams which were previously blocked by firewalls